Monday, April 9, 2012

Future Home Necessities...kinda

Most girls grow up dreaming of and planning for their wedding.  Not this girl! I really didn't.  It's a nice thought, now that I'm of a marry-able age, but it's still not something that overwhelms my daydreaming time. What does fill my daydreaming, you ask? My future home!

I spent a lot of my childhood moving around, living with my grandmother, living in dorms, living in college-age apartment complexes (i.e. disgusting, dirty, ill-maintained party centrals). When I think of my future, I dream of my husband and our kids, biological, adopted, and foster. I'd like to leave a legacy of love on this planet, and I want to do that through taking care of my children, and the neighborhood children who need a meal (it happened where we lived growing up), and my kids' friends...and just everyone I can. Wanting to continue in full-time ministry to high school students. I want to live in a home big enough to welcome them in, and have meals and game nights and movie nights and cookouts. All kinds of dreams.  But as I dream these things, a physical idea forms as well.

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, and we just started listing off things we'd like included in our future homes.  I thought I'd write mine down. In case God sees fit to bless me with them, I can remember to thank Him for answered prayer!

(Bear in mind these are not needs, simply wants, and that my calling from the Lord supersedes any and all desires I might have for a house. For instance, if the Lord calls me to overseas missions? Bye, house! See ya later!  Ministry comes first).



The Perfect House:
*Two story
*Brick
*Back deck, wrapping around much of the back of the house, preferably overlooking lots of greenery.
*Grill for the back deck
*Table and chairs for the back deck
*Adirondack furniture for the back deck
*Hammock for the back deck (double- or triple-wide, so Hubby can sit with me)
*Front porch with lots of seating, some tables, and tons of candles
*Outdoor ceiling fans over the front porch
*Japanese tea lanterns hanging from ceiling over porch
*Trees all over the stinking place
*Hardwood flooring everywhere, except the bedrooms, where there should be plush carpeting
*A tall, large island in the kitchen where my kids can do their homework while I cook them dinner
*A large dining table where everyone can sit together
*Vaulted ceilings in the living room, with an overlook into the living room from the second floor
*Huge windows everywhere, and at least one window bench (a cushy one) where you can sit to read
*Color on all the walls (really, anything but white....or tan...or any form of either)
*Bunk beds in one room for my kids to share <3
*A fireplace
*A fenced in back-yard (black wood, not chain-link), for dogs and kids to play safely in.
*No fence in the front yard- be welcomed!
*A garage
*If I'm reeeallly dreaming: a studio room to do yoga, dance, and martial arts in- safe, smooth wooden floors (heated), floor-to-ceiling mirrors, and lots of open space


                                                 (hey, a girl can dream, right?)




More to come later, if only to daydream!

No comments:

Post a Comment