Monday, April 23, 2012

Today Was...

Just... wow.

I started the day with a seriously low tire on my car. Instead of fixing it, I ignored it in order to get to work on time. Did I remember to fix it after work? Nope. Completely forgot. And as I'm sitting on my couch, staring out the front door in the general direction of my car, I am currently remembering I need to get that fixed. Enter Bucket List Item #87.

While I'm cleaning the dining room before we open, as I was trying to listen to my youversion Bible Plan scriptures for the day, I take my phone out of my pocket and promptly DROP IT. This makes screen break #2. Yech.

I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart.

I then proceed to walk into the alley at work and basically throw a glass on the floor. Okay, I didn't actually throw the glass on the floor, I just dropped it really, really hard. On the floor. Accidentally.

I mean, we didn't really need this one, right?

I then have all of THREE tables before I am cut from work. So I make TEN CENTS at work and then come home to blog before my Monday night yoga class.

This is all I needed for rent, right? Wait a minute- 
this isn't even AMERICAN change!

Thinking back on the last five hours of my life....and then relating that to the last 25 years of my life... I think it's been a really great day! I am getting to the point in my life when things like this don't affect me, because they don't matter.  A broken glass is just that- a broken glass.  And working in a restaurant- there are literally 5 billion other glasses just waiting for their turn to replace that one. A broken phone....sucks...but it's just a broken phone. I know I'll get it fixed or replaced...so no big deal. My flat tire will be aired up again, and my lack of monies will end up just fine, because God has my back and He's proven Himself faithful again and again and again.

Why was this such an important day for me to experience? Because I needed to know that at the end of the day, all this stuff, all the crazy things that happen, all the negative drama that goes down....it's just stuff.  People's lives are at stake in the bigger picture.  Do I spend my time stressed about money and materials, or do I spend my time focused on loving people, speaking words of life and healing, and pointing them to Jesus? That's the big question at the end of the day. And I need to take that far more seriously than I do.  I'm so grateful that all these things happened this morning- being aware that there IS a bigger picture out there is the most important step toward actually seeing it.  And I want to see the bigger picture, not just my own little snapshot of time.

NOT me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment